Over the course of my life, I’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy a lot of amazing experiences, and as such, coming up with a bucket list was a bit difficult for me. I’ve been blessed with a great wife, dog, and close family, a beautiful place to call home, and lots of travel to many beautiful (and sometimes not-so beautiful) places. That being said, there are still many things that I would love to accomplish.
While there are many “bucket list” blogs out there, I have come to follow one in particular called “Project Light to Life” (http://projectlighttolife.wordpress.com/). Her experiences and her drive to complete the items on her list have been extremely inspiring for me, and I would highly recommend that you check it out.
In my opinion, 95% of all bucket lists are incomplete, because there are always things that you forget about when creating these things that you want to add on later. In addition, once you complete certain items, you may strive for more. This is the main reason why I entitled this post “Bucket List 2013”, because I’m sure there will be additional items added in 2014.
So without further ado, here are the 30 items that comprise of my bucket list.
1. Go to an indoor trampoline park
2. Participate in a mud run
3. Complete a walk for a charity
4. Complete a run for a charity
5. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
6. Run a half marathon
7. Swim in the Dead Sea
8. Create an entertaining video
9. Explore a cave
10. Swim with a ride on a dolphin
11. Go scuba diving
12. Pay for someone behind me in a drive-thru line
13. Pay the toll for the car behind me
14. Buy a round of drinks for complete strangers
16. Learn how to surf
17. Sleep under the stars
18. Drive a race car
19. Go to a murder mystery party
20. Visit a waterfall
21. Write a nice letter to someone for no reason without signing it
22. Babysit someone’s kids for a day to give the parents some time off
23. Go on a multi-day hike (preferably the Appalachian Trail since it’s so close)
24. Visit the Grand Canyon
25. Have a child with my beautiful wife
26. Compliment 10 strangers in one day
27. Help someone cross an item off their bucket list
28. Throw a dart on a map and travel to that place
29. Watch the ball drop in New York City on New Year’s Eve
30. Visit all 7 continents (yes, including Antarctica) (4 already complete)
What is on your bucket list? I look forward to hearing from you in the comments!